2.Types of Mangrove trees
C.# of species
D.Differences between mangrove types
E.Focus on Florida species
3.Mangroves role in the aquatic ecosystem
A.provide energy for organisms
B. mangroves as shelter for organisms
c. mangroves as nurseries
D. preventing erosion, protecting land from storms
4. Humans and Mangroves
A. current status of mangroves
B. Mangroves importance to humans
C. Why we sould protect mangroves/what's being done
D. The future of mangroves
1.Raffaelli, David. Intertidal Ecology, Chapman and Hall 1996.
2. Robertson, A.I. Tropical Mangrove Ecosystems, American Geophysical Union 1992
3. Saenger, P. Global Status Of Mangrove Ecosystems, IUNC 1983.
4. Savage, Thomas. Florida Mangroves:A Review, Marine Research Labratory 1972.
5. Teas, H.J. Physiology and management of mangroves, Dr. W. Junk Publishers 1984.
6. Tomlinson, P.B. The Botany of Mangroves, 1986.
Return to Topic Menu
It is 7:11:50 AM on Wednesday, November 13, 2019. Last Update: Friday, January 4, 2002