Cheesy Science: What to Look For
Do You Know This Guy?
Welcome! It is 3:54:53 PM on Sunday, September 27, 2020.
This page has served 7499
visitors since 09/01/99 and was last updated on Wednesday, May 7, 2014.
Quick Reference Guide to Cheesy Science
I. Problems of How the Question is Posed
- Missing Alternative Hypotheses or No Hypothesis at All
- Missing Variables
- Data Dredging
II. Problems with Experimental Design
- No or Not Enough Replication
- Psuedoreplication (replicates not independent)
- No Controls or Not Enough
- No Controls for Unwanted Effects of Experiment
III. Problems with Results and Conclusions
- Ad Hoc Explanations
- Overstepping Place, Time, Across Species
- Wrong Statistics
- Too Many Tests