I. Living Treasures of the Sea
II. Biology of Coral
A. Anatomy and Physiology
B. Diet and Eating Mechanism
C. Adaptations for the Aquatic Environment
E. Habitat and Distribution
III. Geological History and Formation
IV. Reef Ecosystem
A. Biota of the Reef
B. Longevity and Causes of Death
V. Conservation: The Delicate World
1. Bright, T.J. and L.H. Pequegnant. 1974. Biota of the Western Flower Garden Bank. Corals pg. 116-139. Gulf Publishing Co., Houston, Texas.
2. Cerullo, M.M. and J.L. Rotman. 1996. Coral reef: the city that never sleeps. Cobblehill Books, New York.
3. Greenberg, J. and I. Greenberg. 1980. The living reef. Seahawk Press, Miami, Florida.
4. Jones, O.A. and R. Endean. 1973. Biology and geology of coral reefs, Vol. I. Carribean coral reefs pg. 1-33. Academic Press, New York.
5. Jones, O.A. and R. Endean. 1973. Biology and geology of coral reefs, Vol. II. Nutrition of corals pg. 77-116. Academic Press, New York.
6. SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Animal Information Database. 2000. Available: http://www.seaworld.org/coral_reefs/sciclasser.html
7. Stoddart, D. and R. Johannes. 1978. Coral reefs: research methods. UNESCO, United Kingdom.
8. Wood, Dr. E.M. 1983. Corals of the world. T.F.H. Publishing, Inc., Ltd. Neptune City, New Jersey.
Return to Topic Menu
It is 2:06:24 PM on Friday, August 18, 2017. Last Update: Saturday, May 4, 2002