The prettiest beaches in the world can be found at Grotto Beach, San Salvador, Bahamas. See other beautiful phenomena from the Bahamas.This discussion topic submitted by Jennifer Weiskittle ( firstname.lastname@example.org) at 10:56 pm on 3/19/02. Additions were last made on Wednesday, May 7, 2014.
A. Natural history of D. pumilio
1. geographic location
3. breeding season
1. acquiring toxicity
2. captive studies
3. types of toxins
C. Parental care
1. extended care
2. male and female care
1. conservation efforts
2. biodiversity education
E. Future Threats
1. climate change
1. Dorcas, Michael and J. Todd.2000. Poison Dart Frogs and Their Toxins. Davidson College.
2. INBio (Instituto Nacional de Biodiverseidad). 2002. Biodiversity Prospecting. www.inbio.ac.cr/en/pdb/Prosp.html Retrieved: 3-8-2002.
3. Prohl, Heiki and Walter Hodl. 1999. Parental investment, potential reproductive rates, and mating system in the strawberry dart-poison frog, Dendrobates pumilio. Behav Ecol Sociobiol. 46: 215-220.
4. Prohl, Heiki and Olaf Berke. 2001. Spatial distributions of male and female strawberry poison frogs and their relation to female reproductive resources. Oecologia. 129: 534-542.
5. Sittenfeld, Ana, Ana Mercedes Espinoza, Miguel Munoz, and Alejandro Zamora. Costa Rica: Challenges and Opportunities in Biotechnology and Biodiversity. http://www.cgiar.org/biotech/rep0100/Sittenfe.pdf Retrieved: 3-8-2002.
6. Woodland Park Zoo. 2001. Animal Fact Sheets: Poison Dart Frog.
www.zoo.org/educate/fact_sheets/psn_frog/psn_frog.htm. Retrieved: 3-7-2002.
7. World Bank Group. 2000. Costa Rica: Forest Strategy and the Evolution of Land Use.
Wbln0018.worldbank.org/oed/oeddoclib.nsf/View+to+Link+WebPages/A25EFCF3220878D585256970007AC9EE?OpenDocument Retrieved: 3-8-2002.
Return to Topic Menu
WEATHER & EARTH SCIENCE RESOURCES
OTHER ACADEMIC COURSES, STUDENT RESEARCH, OTHER STUFF
TEACHING TOOLS & OTHER STUFF
It is 2:37:59 PM on Saturday, November 18, 2017. Last Update: Wednesday, May 7, 2014