Natural Systems-Fall '01
Final Project Reports
It is 8:11:49 PM on Monday, June 26, 2017. This page has served 12536 people.
These are the Final Discovery Lab Reports for Natural Systems
1, Fall '01. Please feel free to browse...
You can Input Your "Final Report" , and then review feedback on this page.
Peer Review is a fundamental component of doing science.To help make your
projects more scientifically sound, you are being called upon
to put forward your ideas, proposals, lab packets and final report
as well as provide feedback to your peers.
Remember: Look at the outline below for details on the specifics to be included in your "final report."
Make sure it is complete! Turn in a "hard copy" in addition to
your WWW submission.
The Final Report Format
Each "Final Report" should be a minimum of 5 pages long, plus references, research time-line, data sheets, appendices, etc.
This is it folks!!
Title (with all authors)
- Purpose/Problem. What is (are) your hypothesis(es)?
- How did you decide on this project? How did you decide upon your
- What do you plan to accomplish?
- Relevance, if any. Why is this research interesting?
2. Relevance of your research question
- Literature Review--What have others done?
- How does your research relate to a larger question(s)? What contribution
will your project hopefully be able to make to the broader base
of human knowledge?
3. Materials and Methods
- What is your experimental design? Is it statistically sound? What
are the reasons behind the different parts of your experimental
design? Why are or aren't you doing certain things?
- Is your experimental design statistically sound? How do you know?
Did you ask for advice?
- How will you ensure unbiased results?
- How will you ensure that the data collected by the class can be
trusted? Will you show adequately demonstrate your data collection
methods and the importance of consistency?
- Describe important materials and how they will be used.
- Describe other methods. How will you involve the class in your
study? Be specific! Will the class be asked to process data? How?
- Have you included a Data Sheet?
- Include a specific timeline (your own and the class!) of research execution.
- Think about how best to convey your findings. What types of statistics
will be of use to you? Why?
- How will you best display your results? Graphs, tables? Think
long and hard about this!
- Include statistical tests, tables (numerical data) and figures
(graphs, drawings, etc.) when appropriate.
5. Discussion & Conclusions --Hint: This is supposed to be fun!
- Based on your background research, your own project, and analysis
of the data, explain why you got the results you did.
- Think beyond the project. How does your work fit in with what others have done? What additional questions do you have?
- What suggestions do you have for further investigation?
6. Literature Cited
- Be sure to include an impressive suite of literature citations
that directly relate to your study. This literature must include
citations from the peer reviewed journals. World Wide Web citations
are of secondary importance!
Natural Systems Final Research Report Submissions:
- usama bin laden (1/28/03) [ Researcher: -Section: Cummins ]
- Politics, Revenge, and Society (12/14/01) [ Researcher: Nancy, Regan,Geoff, Zach-Section: Myers ]
- Politics, Revenge, and Society (12/14/01) [ Researcher: Nancy Wiegand, Regan Ziobro, Geoff Malia, Zach Baker-Section: Wagner ]
- The Nature Of Human Attraction (12/14/01) [ Researcher: Maggie Perrino, Adam Naylor, Zoe Brickley, and Lena Jasper -Section: Myers ]
- Compassion as a Study (12/14/01) [ Researcher: Shannon Kisha-Section: Myers ]
- Final: Determining the Effects of Terrorist Attacks (12/11/01) [ Researcher: Sarah Hayes, Chelsea Nagy, Abby Workman, Libby Carey-Section: Myers ]
- How Temperature and Day Length effect the rate that honeysuckle bushes lose leaves (12/11/01) [ Researcher: Megen Leigh, Nicole Mihevic, Dan Kehn, Erica Govich-Section: Myers ]
- Physiological effects of sound when watching terrorist attacks (12/11/01) [ Researcher: Marissa Grier, Adam Haigh, Susie Quilligan, Aaron Schielke-Section: Myers ]
- Effects of personal space on pro-social behavior (12/11/01) [ Researcher: Zane, Chris, Rachel-Section: Dorsey ]
- Color Psychology: Children vs. Adults (12/11/01) [ Researcher: South Cole, Nadya Donenberg, Amy Agunga, Bill Rutledge-Section: Myers ]
- Final 1: Mood and Weather (12/10/01) [ Researcher: Justin Martin, Kristen Maser, Katie Barlow, Lisa Headen-Section: Myers ]
- Vehicles and Energy Use (12/10/01) [ Researcher: Abby King, Lia Silver, Amanda Swisher, Brad Kaiser, and Katie Gibson-Section: Dorsey ]
- Final 3 Organic vs. Chemical Fertilizers (12/10/01) [ Researcher: Tami, Noelle, Dani, and Mike-Section: Cummins ]
- Effects of Human Land Use on Fish Population (The Fishbusters) (12/7/01) [ Researcher: Grace Schneider, Marta Ralston, Amanda Higley, Kristin Mandish-Section: Cummins ]
- Final Draft: Factors That Influence Dreams (12/7/01) [ Researcher: Lauren Hollinger, Lauren Schone, Carrie Myers, Bong Sok-Section: Cummins ]
- FINAL LAB PACKET: Tarantulas & Climate (12/7/01) [ Researcher: Allison Mouch, Audrey MacWood, Kelly Alter, Nick Anderson-Section: Cummins ]
- Final - Is it Worth it Brands and Taste? (12/7/01) [ Researcher: Kelly Bush, Hannah Frederick, Josh Marcus, Nicole Santelli, Alison Stanton-Section: Cummins ]
- A TALE of TWO MAJORS Final Report (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Nathaniel Gay, Michelle Geller, Mica Scott, & Heather Storer-Section: Cummins ]
- KEPLER DISCOVERY LAB (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Austin Kleon, Ryan Lazowski, Laura Englehart, Miguel Padilla -Section: Cummins ]
- FINAL 1:THE LEARN'D ASTRONOMERS (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Austin Kleon, Ryan Lazowski, Laura Englehart, Miguel Padilla -Section: Cummins ]
- Draft 1: Rock On! The Cognitive Effects of Music (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Sophia Turczynewycz, Eric McGary, Ashlae Shepler, Laura Fink, John Drain-Section: Cummins ]
- Stress and Amount of Sleep (Okay... and BE STILL!) (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Liz Weisbecker, Sarah Peterson, Matt Dudzik, Becky Singson-Section: Wagner ]
- Jammin' Spider Webs (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Paige Firestone, Jack Feichtner, Kelly Markle, Whitney Smith, Elissa Van Houtte-Section: Dorsey ]
- The Effects of Weather on Western Campus Freshmen (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Katie Dubois, Christina Jones, Kate D'Elia, Matt Bokar-Section: Dorsey ]
- Bacterial Growth in the Boys' and Girls' Living Envrionments of Peabody Hall (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Donald, Tekk, Ashley, Eric-Section: Wagner ]
- Popcorn and College Students (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Jen Saum, Kristen DeLap, Kirsten Skinner, Bryan Galli-Section: Wagner ]
- Final 1: Water Quality In and Around Miami University and Oxford (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Joshua Basinger, Mandy Sulik, Chad Ziepfel, and Melissa Hamann-Section: Dorsey ]
- Amazing Mice (12/6/01) [ Researcher: Liz Miller, Amanda Gibson, Rachel Dehart-Section: Dorsey ]
- Who Smokes, Who Does Not, and Why at Miami University (12/5/01) [ Researcher: Codie, Diane, Dustin, Lisa-Section: Wagner ]
- Determining the Effects of Terrorist Attacks on the National Community in Relation to (1/1/04) [ Researcher: Sarah Hayes, Chelsea Ngay, Libby Carey, Abby Workman-Section: Myers ]
IMPORTANT: If this page seems to be missing recently added documents, click
the "Reload Page" button on your Web Browser to update the menu.
Visit the rest of the site!
Thanks for stopping by!