Draft 1: Bacteria in Boys & Girls Living Environments
This topic submitted by Donald Frederick, Eric, Teck, Ashliegh (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 3:26 pm on 9/11/01. Additions were last made on Friday, April 19, 2002. Section: Wagner
1) Who's living environment in our sample contains the most BACTERIA? girls or guys?
2) We predict guys will be dirtier because of preconcieved sterotypes.
3) We will take samples from the 2nd and 3rd floors of Peabody Hall from specific areas such as Inside the Bathroom (sinks, showers, toilets, doorhandles) and Dorm Rooms (door handle, keyboards, mouses, etc). We will grow cultures from these samples for a period of time. We will count the number of colonies and compare the results. We will classify the colonines according to size. The comparing the number and sizes from the boys and girls living area we will draw conclusions on which area is dirtier.
Return to the Topic Menu
Here is a list of responses that have been posted to this Study...
IMPORTANT: Press the Browser Reload button to view the latest contribution.
- bacteria (9/18/01) [ Contributor: Regan, Nancy, Zach and Geoff-Section: myers ]
- from the popcorn group (9/18/01) [ Contributor: Bryan, Jen, Kirsten and Kristen-Section: Wagner ]
- Pros and cons to your project, Con't (9/18/01) [ Contributor: Becky, Liz, Matt, Sarah-Section: Wagner ]
- Pros and cons to your project (9/18/01) [ Contributor: Becky, Liz, Matt, Sarah-Section: Wagner ]
- a suggestion from one of your local friendly peer science tutors (9/17/01) [ Contributor: randy wilson-Section: ]
Respond to this Submission!
IMPORTANT: For each Response, make sure the title of the response is different than previous titles shown above!
Article complete. Click HERE
to return to the Natural Systems Menu.
Visit the rest of the site!